Employment Law Specialist
As the oldest (and wisest) member of the team, I enjoy reminding my colleagues of how wise I am with stories of health and safety horrors from before the 1974 Health and Safety at Work Act was introduced.
Born in deepest rural Lincolnshire, I have enjoyed an interesting and varied life; from working with the Coroner and Senior Partner in a solicitor’s office when I was just a whippersnapper… To opening my own flying school in Portugal, before settling down in the Northwest.
Over the years I have attended a wide range of courses, from Airfield Fire and Rescue to Rank Xerox Photocopy Machine Operation – which is why I am the miserable person I am today.
Despite all my larking about, I have many higher education qualifications; including master’s degrees. I’m also a Chartered Member of IOSH, which my colleagues believe I have been a member of since it opened in 1945!
I don’t mean to bang on, but I deliver the IOSH approved courses, as I’m their biggest fan – however, I’ve been forced to let Jyssica to get involved, so she can take over when I pop off!
- CDM Regulations 2007 Courtley
- Master of Science in Occupational Health and Safety University of Salford
- Ladder and Step Ladder Safety The Ladder Association
- PASMA Approved Mobile Tower Training PASMA
- National General Certificates in Occupational Health and Safety NEBOSH
- Certificate in Education University of Manchester
- Master of Arts in Advanced Employment Law and Practice Manchester Metropolitan University
- Bachelor of Laws Manchester Metropolitan University
- Certificate of Professional Competence in International Road Haulage Operations RSA
- Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QFC) TQUK
- Directors Role for Health & Safety ConstructionSkills
- Reactec Vibration Monitor Reactec
- Graduate Member of the Institute for Learning (AD033285) IfL
- Chartered Member of Institution of Occupational Health and Safety (048023) IOSH
- Chartered Safety and Health Practitioner IOSH
- OSHCR Registered Consultant OSHCR / HSE