First Aid at Work (British Red Cross)
Who Should Attend the First Aid at Work British Red Cross Course?
The First Aid at Work British Red Cross course is suitable for people aged 18+. It is for anyone/companies requiring an accredited trained first aider to comply with HSE guidelines. These require that high risk work places, eg: construction sites, should have at least 1 fully trained first aider. The British Red Cross accredited First Aid at Work (FAAW) is a 3-day course, finishing with an assessment to test understanding of topics covered. This is a HSE approved and certified course.
Please contact us for dates
What You Will Learn
The First Aid at Work British Red Cross course will allow delegates to confidently treat minor injuries using the first aid box and be able to assist medical professionals in where a more serious incident has occurred. Topics covered:
- The role of the first aider
- Contents of first aid kits (avoiding cross infection)
- Recording of incidents and accidents
- Assessing the situation in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who;
- is unconscious (including seizures)
- requires cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- is choking
- is wounded or bleeding
- is in shock
- has minor conditions – to include: minor cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters
- Administer first aid to a casualty with;
- injuries to bones, muscles, joints including suspected spinal injury
- sudden poisoning
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- anaphylactic shock and use of auto-injectors (Epi Pen)
- Recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid including heart attack and use of aspirin, stroke, epilepsy, asthma & diabetes.
First Aid at Work (FAAW) certificate which is valid for 3 years. It is recommended that delegates attend refresher training every 12 months to keep skills and expertise up-to-date.
Delegates must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course overview and must attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.
Submit your review
Submit your review
Our Other Training Courses
Click logos below to view…