Temporary Works Supervisor
This course will provide attendees with a thorough knowledge of the role of a Temporary Works Supervisor, including a sound understanding of the risk management of temporary works.
Please contact us for dates
The temporary works supervisor course is aimed at the process of supervising temporary works, commonly expressed through the role of the Temporary Works Supervisor (TWS). This course is not a temporary works awareness course. It also focuses heavily on the BS5975:2008 A1:2011 standards.
• Understand the background to temporary works Codes of Practice and relevant regulations including HASAWA, LOLER, PUWER, Work at Height & Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
• Be aware of the roles and responsibilities of the TWS and other parties identified in CDM Regulations 2015
• Understand the importance of approved drawings, specifications, risk assessments and method statements
• Recognise the different levels of risks associated with varying temporary works schemes
• Understand the delegation process from the TWC. Inspections/Checks, hold points, load capacities & permissions
• Understand the duties of various parties involved with temporary works including subcontractors
• Understand the role of the Principal Contractor in relation to the selection and appointment of Temporary Works Supervisors (TWS’s).
• Various forms of Temporary Works
• Temporary Works case studies, policy & procedures
• BS5975:2008 A1:2011
• CDM Regulations
• Regulations and Codes of Practice
• Temporary Works Register, Design & Supervision
• Approved Drawings & standard solutions
• Temporary Works Supervisors, role and duties
Our Other Training Courses
Click logos below to view..