Temporary Works Supervisor
This course will provide attendees with a thorough knowledge of the role of a Temporary Works Supervisor, including a sound understanding of the risk management of temporary works.
5 Platinum Court, Knowsley, Merseyside, L33 7XN
7th Feb 2018 9:00 am
The temporary works supervisor course is aimed at the process of supervising temporary works, commonly expressed through the role of the Temporary Works Supervisor (TWS). This course is not a temporary works awareness course. It also focuses heavily on the BS5975:2008 A1:2011 standards.
• Understand the background to temporary works Codes of Practice and relevant regulations including HASAWA, LOLER, PUWER, Work at Height & Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
• Be aware of the roles and responsibilities of the TWS and other parties identified in CDM Regulations 2015
• Understand the importance of approved drawings, specifications, risk assessments and method statements
• Recognise the different levels of risks associated with varying temporary works schemes
• Understand the delegation process from the TWC. Inspections/Checks, hold points, load capacities & permissions
• Understand the duties of various parties involved with temporary works including subcontractors
• Understand the role of the Principal Contractor in relation to the selection and appointment of Temporary Works Supervisors (TWS’s).
• Various forms of Temporary Works
• Temporary Works case studies, policy & procedures
• BS5975:2008 A1:2011
• CDM Regulations
• Regulations and Codes of Practice
• Temporary Works Register, Design & Supervision
• Approved Drawings & standard solutions
• Temporary Works Supervisors, role and duties
Our Other Training Courses
Click logos below to view..