Managing DirectorCDM Co-ordinator Trainer
Steve set the company up in 1995 having worked in the construction industry since 1980. He is a time-served joiner who went on to become a sub-contractor, site manager, and then project manager on many schemes. These could be small to multi-million pound projects. Clients included pharmaceutical manufacturers, retail outlets and many others. Having been awarded a Masters degree in Health and Safety, and Environmental Law, he has a rounded and in-depth understanding of the topic.
Over the years he has developed health and safety, environmental and quality management systems for many organisations. It has been usual for these systems to be audited and accredited to relevant international management standards. He has put in place a quality management system at Courtley, which has been accredited to ISO9001:2008 standards. He has worked with clients in many business sectors but often the construction industry on projects to develop a team approach to risk-reduction and success.
Steve enjoys delivering training sessions and is the lead instructor at Courtley for the Site Safety Plus courses such as Directing Safety, SMSTS, SSSTS. He also delivers the PASMA,.Towers for Users sessions.
Steve is regularly engaged to support Clients, Principal Designers and Principal Contractors to help ensure the effective discharge of their respective duties. As a Fellow of the Association for Project Safety which is the leading professional body in relation to the CDM Regulations; Steve’s status, knowledge, and experience, add value to construction projects.
- The Advanced Craft Certificate in Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds
- Level 4 Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector City & Guilds
- PASMA Certificate of Competence – Tower Instructor PASMA
- Certificate of CPD Training Hilti
- Faculty of Building Diploma Faculty of Building
- Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) ConstructionSkills
- Approved Tutor Certificate (various courses) ConstructionSkills
- Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS) CITB
- Diploma in Safety Management British Safety Council
- Internal Auditor Training Aspects International
- Staff Appraisals & Coaching Liverpool Chamber of Commerce
- Sage Instant Accounts 2 and 3 Sage
- Defensive Driving Hi-Way Driving Ltd
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate Salford Hundred Venture
- Master of Arts in Health and Safety Law and Environmental Law University of Salford
- Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QFC) TQUK
- International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (10096) IIRSM
- Registered Fellow (RFaPS CDM 2015) (006249) APS
- Fellow of the Association for Project Safety (006249) APS
- Graduate Member of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (111199) IOSH