Managing DirectorCDM Co-ordinator Trainer
Steve began his career in the construction industry in 1980. After serving an apprenticeship in Carpentry and Joinery, it quickly became clear he did not have the dexterity required to be left unsupervised with sharp tools!
So he went on to be a sub-contractor, site manager and then project manager; which kept him away from such danger. The schemes ranged in value between a few hundred thousand, to over sixty million pounds. And his clients included pharmaceutical manufacturers as well as retail stores.
During Steve’s career, he has developed health and safety, environmental and quality management systems for many organizations. It has been common for these systems to be audited by third parties and accredited to relevant international management standards.
Steve feels it is important to practice what he encourage in others and has set in place a quality management system at Courtley, which is accredited to ISO9001:2008 standards. He believes it is great to work with clients in many business sectors, on projects, to develop a team approach to risk reduction and success.
Steve delivers the Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS), along with the suite of courses offered under the Site Safety Plus scheme; operated by ConstructionSkills, which he thoroughly enjoys. He also delivers shorter sessions, such as PASMA and IOSH approved courses.
Steve is regularly engaged as a CDM-Coordinator. As a Fellow of the Association for Project Safety, his status, knowledge and experience often add value to construction projects.
- The Advanced Craft Certificate in Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds
- Level 4 Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector City & Guilds
- PASMA Certificate of Competence – Tower Instructor PASMA
- Certificate of CPD Training Hilti
- Faculty of Building Diploma Faculty of Building
- Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) ConstructionSkills
- Approved Tutor Certificate (various courses) ConstructionSkills
- Diploma in Safety Management British Safety Council
- Internal Auditor Training Aspects International
- Staff Appraisals & Coaching Liverpool Chamber of Commerce
- Sage Instant Accounts 2 and 3 Sage
- Defensive Driving Hi-Way Driving Ltd
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate Salford Hundred Venture
- Master of Arts in Health and Safety Law and Environmental Law University of Salford
- Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QFC) TQUK
- International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (10096) IIRSM
- Registered Fellow (RFaPS CDM 2015) (006249) APS
- Fellow of the Association for Project Safety (006249) APS
- Graduate Member of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (111199) IOSH