Combined Towers for Users & Low Level Access
CITB Grant Eligible. Click here for information
Duration: 1 day
Required Equipment: PPE: Safety footwear, hard hat and suitable clothing
Prefabricated Access Scaffold Manufacturers’ Association (PASMA) Certificate.
PASMA Liverpool: PASMA training occurs in Liverpool, if you require PASMA training in a different location contact us.
* Discounts available when booking 3+ places, contact us for more info
Please contact us for dates
PASMA Combined Course Overview
The 1-day PASMA Towers for Users and Low Level Access course identifies the importance of following health and safety procedures. Handling tower components in a safe manner, erecting suitable equipment using correct procedures complying with regulations and carrying out fault diagnosis on equipment.
This PASMA Towers for Users course is designed for any worker who use and inspect prefabricated aluminium towers in the workplace. As the erection of a tower depends on reading the manufacturers instruction manual, all persons attending must be able to read English. The practical element requires delegates to be physically capable. It aims to provide delegates with an understanding of current relevant legislation and be able to dismantle, erect and inspect low level access units (prefabricated units under 2.5m of height) safely, as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
PASMA Course Content
- Overview of legislation and regulations
- British and European standards
- Guidance and information
- Tower components inspection and maintenance
- Tower Stability and Tying
- Erection Methods (3T & Advanced Guardrail)
- Inspection Requirements and Records
- Theory and Practical Tests and Assessments
- Introduction to low level access equipment
- Current legislation
- Regulations and guidance
- PASMA Code of Practice
- Low level access units – hazards
- PAS250 (Publicly Available Specification)
- Assembling, altering and dismantling
- Best practice for fall protection
- Inspection of low level access units
- Completion of Inspection Records
The Work at Height Regulations etc. – Regulation 5 Competence – “Every employer shall ensure that no person engages in activity in relation to work at height or work equipment for use in such work unless he is competent to do so”.
Regulation 12 Inspection of Work Equipment – “Every employer shall ensure that, where the safety of work equipment depends on how it is installed or assembled, it is not used after installation or assembly in any position unless it has been inspected in that position”.
Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations etc. Regulation 5 Maintenance – “Every employer shall ensure that work equipment is maintained in an efficient state, in efficient working order and in good repair”.
Attendance of this 1-day PASMA Towers for Users and Low Level Access training course enables attendees to erect, alter, move, dismantle and inspect mobile towers safely.
Submit your review
Our Other Training Courses
Click logos below to view…