Confined Space Awareness
Overview: The aim of this course is to prepare candidates with the principles of Confined Space Awareness for those that might work near confined spaces, or might be associated with confined space operations but are not required to enter a confined space. This course can be used as a proprietary step to confined space entry training if required.
Please contact us for dates
The course is designed to provide candidates with a thorough understanding of confined spaces, associated dangers and the ability to enter, work and leave them safely by horizontal and/or vertical entry including:
- Introduction to general Health and Safety
- Specific confined space legislation.
- Interpretation of a safe system of work.
- Interpretation of Risk Assessments and Method statements.
- Training in a permit to work system.
- Use of a gas monitor.
- Use of P.P.E (personal protective equipment).
- Emergency recording and reporting procedures
The course is designed to allow candidates to identify the potential dangers which may be present in a confined space environment.
The candidate must be a minimum of 18 years old.
The candidate must have a valid medical or undertake a short medical questionnaire.
Our Other Training Courses
Click logos below to view…