Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
Duration: 2 days
Required Equipment: None
Delivered and accredited by MHFA England
Mental Health First Aid is an educational course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help a person who may be developing a mental health issue. In the same way as we learn physical first aid, Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to recognise those crucial warning signs of mental ill health.
Developed in Australia in 2000 and now internationally recognised in 23 countries, MHFA courses teach people how to recognise the signs and symptoms of common mental health issues, provide help on a first aid basis and effectively guide someone towards the right support.
Please contact us for dates
What will I learn?
The MHFA England Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Adult Training course is split up into 4 manageable modules. These are:
- What is mental health?
- Suicide and depression
- Anxiety disorders
In each section you’ll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
Find our more and book your training via MHFA England’s website: Become a Mental Health First Aider · MHFA England
Our Other Training Courses
Click logos below to view…