New Roads and Street Works (Operative)
Duration: 1-5 days (subject to units undertaken)
Maximum Delegates: 8
Who Should Attend?
The New Roads and Street Works training programme is designed for operatives who carry out excavation, backfill and reinstatement of various materials for undertaking street works.
Please contact us for dates
This Roads and Street Works training course provides delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform operative duties to the standard prescribed by City & Guilds in line with the current New Roads and Street Works (NRSW) Act, in order to safeguard themselves and others.
Roads and Street Works Training Course Content
- Location of underground services;
- Signing, lighting and guarding;
- Excavation in the highway;
- Reinstatement of compact and backfill materials;
- Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials;
- Reinstatement of hot-lay bituminous materials;
- Reinstatement of concrete slabs;
- Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways.
- Excavation in the highway (units 1 – 3);
- Excavation, backfill and reinstatement of construction layers with a bituminous surface (units 1 – 6);
- Reinstatement of construction layers in hot-lay and cold-lay bituminous materials (units 1, 2, 6, & 7);
- Reinstatement of concrete slabs (units 1, 2 & 8);
- Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways (units 1, 2 & 9).
By the end of the training course, delegates will be able to:
- Summarise the requirements of the New Roads and Street Works (NRSW) Act;
- Select appropriate personal protective equipment as required to carry out street works activities;
- Perform duties of each unit and/or qualification as prescribed by City & Guilds standards in line with current legislation and ACoP where applicable;
- Provide a safe working environment for themselves and others.
Training Course Methods
A high proportion of group exercises with continuous oral and practical assessments, supplemented with video and classroom based tutorials.
A training group may contain a mix of both operatives and supervisors. Sessions will be varied within the overall framework to allow the most effective development of the candidate.
Submit your review
Submit your review
Our Other Training Courses
Click logos below to view…