New Roads and Street Works (Supervisor)
Maximum Delegates: 8
Who Should Attend?
This training course is designed for supervisors who are required to monitor operatives performing excavation, backfill and reinstatement duties.
Please contact us for dates
To provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform supervisor duties to the standards prescribed by City & Guilds in line with the NRSW Act 1991, in order to safeguard themselves and others.
Roads and Street Works Training Course Content
- Location and avoidance of underground apparatus
- Monitoring signing, lighting and guarding
- Monitoring excavation in the highway
- Monitoring reinstatement of compaction and backfill materials
- Monitoring reinstatement of sub-base and road base non-bituminous materials
- Monitoring reinstatement of bituminous materials
- Monitoring reinstatement of concrete slabs
- Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
- Monitoring excavation in the highway (units 1, 10 & 11)
- Monitoring excavation, backfill and reinstatement of construction layers with a bituminous surface (units 1, 10 – 14)
- Monitoring reinstatement of construction layers in bituminous materials (1, 10 & 14)
- Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways (units 1, 10 & 16)
By the end of the training course, delegates will be able to:
- Summarise the requirements of the current NRSW Act
- Select appropriate personal protective equipment and safety equipment as required to carry out street works activities
- Monitor duties performed by operatives for each unit and/or qualification as prescribed by City & Guilds
- Standards in line with current legislation and ACoP where applicable
- Provide a safe working environment for themselves and others
Training Course Methods
A high proportion of practical exercises and simulated assessments will be supplements with video and classroom based tutorials. Supervisors have to demonstrate the ability to successfully monitor a site and compile written reports in order to successfully complete the course.
A training group may contain a mix of both supervisors and operatives; however, a minimum of 2 operatives must be available for supervisors to carry out the monitoring exercises, thus enabling the most effective development of the candidates.
Our Other Training Courses
Click logos below to view..